A Table For Two, Please

A table for two...sometimes that is all I want.

📷: Stocksy.com

A table for God and I to just sit in each other's company. I know that hearing that may sound strange at first, but it's an intentional 'appointment' that I like keeping. It allows me to position myself to receive a word from God. Reconnect. And enjoy 'a meal' together. So I can receive a word of encouragement and strength, offload burdens, weep at times but mainly be close enough to Him to hear or feel His heartbeat. Hear Him speak because after all, we do have an intimate conversational relationship. I must wait on Him (Psalm 27:14). And such moments with Him give me the reassurance that matters are taken care of. They remind me that I am not lost. I'm still on the road less travelled and developing greater intimacy with Him - growing in the grace and knowledge of my Lord.

So I try take some time each day or evening to commune with Him. I read His word and draw myself closer to Him. For it's the one place where I can (re)gain perspective. I feel secure knowing that I am understood and loved by Him completely. And it gives me such joy to know that God wants us to know Him. 

It's true!
Did you know that we each have a god-shaped hole that only God can fill? Just think of times in your life when you felt like you didn't belong or as if something was missing. Those emotional and supportive needs are an indicator that we need God to fill us up. And these 'empty places' can only be filed when we go to Him. Seek Him and invite Him in.

I'll let you in on a lil' something, the better I get to know Him, the more I am assured that He can be trusted. He can be leaned upon. And it's also in stillness that I get to know Him (Psalm 46:10). 

I can find out what it is God is asking of me. I can see what principles I am living by. I can really listen and find out what the Holy Spirit is saying to me.
See if I am being convicted or challenged. And thankfully, change a situation if I don't like the narrative of my life story thus far. See the 'middle' may not always seem to make sense to us at times, but He knows the end from the beginning.

- Mel

Comments

Popular Posts