My Testimony



A few years ago I fell ill as a result of experiencing terrible headaches.
I found myself lying in a hospital bed one day, not knowing how I got there or what was wrong. I saw a number of doctors and done various tests but doctors were still uncertain of my condition.

To cut a long story short, neurosurgeons finally figured out the problem, that I had an arteriovenous malformation (AVM) in my brain and suggested Radio-therapy. The road to recovery was not an easy one - I was put on medication, started losing patches of hair and would often bruise easily. And I had unexpected trips to hospitals and a near brain surgery when doctors found bleeding in the brain. I then found myself having a lot of time to think and felt quite overwhelmed with all these unanswered questions, "Why me? What did I do to deserve this? Why now?"

Before all the trips to the hospital and treatment, I thought that I had my life planned out - I was turning 21 in a few months at the time and looked forward to my graduation and the years ahead of me. I aspired to be this strong woman but at that moment I did not know what to look forward to. I found myself constantly wondering if I was being tested in some way, yet I continued to pray and read the Word, hoping to see results and have God come through for me.

One day I broke down and I realized that I just needed God to take control of situation. I could not fix things so I surrendered to Him and though things did not change overnight, God worked in my life and my family's by turning things around:
- Granting me courage, patience and strength as I held onto Him.
- Teaching me how to speak life in a near death situation
- And sending me encouraging messages through strangers when I needed it.

One thing that God has reminded me through this whole ordeal, was that He has me in the palm of His hand.

Today, if you are going through something terrible I would like to encourage you and remind you that He is faithful to His Word. He hasn't given up on you and just as God had me in the palm of His hand, He has you there too. His loving arms are stretched out and He's waiting for you to take hold of His hand. You don't have to be a victim anymore, but a victor

Comments

  1. Encouraging, Stay well sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this blog!it gives one a sense of courage, strength and believe that things do fall into place, eventually. I must say, it is so strange but i have been in a similar situation and i am still trying to find a way to recover. this blog truly gives hope to the brokenhearted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cass and Cupcake for reading :) God is always in control and sometimes we just don't see the bigger picture. Rest assured that He'll work everything out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts